IAAS ARCHITECT - LINUX ARCHITECT: requisite analysis, implementation and maintenance of IT infrastructures
Twenty years of experience in design, implementation and maintenance of complex architectures based on Linux OS, with specific focus on e-mail traffic management for large multinational groups, antivirus and antispam analysis, encryption of sensitive flows.
Enabled remote working for INPS and Presidency of Minister’s Council’s IT personnel during COVID-19’s outbreak, leveraging BeyondTrust Secure Remote Access software’s capabilities according to specific customer’s needs.
Gave substantial contribution to the reduction of the time-to-market of virtual servers by defining catalogs of standard resources, compliant with corporate directives in terms of security and basic configuration, and automation of the integration processes of these resources with other business tools such as Configuration Management, Backup and Monitoring; development of Linux-based solutions and their interactions with Windows systems and Software Defined Datacenter tools. Enabled corporate Top Management to analyze business performance, implementing web-based dashboards querying Hadoop based Big Data systems populated with data coming from the divisional Information Systems.
Result-oriented and able in achieving objectives by myself; happy to work as part of a team, more than willing to pass on previously acquired knowledge to the other members of the group, and eager to learn new concepts and their applications. Truly interested in topics of Infrastructure as Code, Configuration Management, container orchestration for the management of applications and use of Cloud Providers for corporate IT infrastructures.
Developed solutions for vSphere management and provisioning, Windows patch management and Linux OS configuration via Ansible.
Current fields of operation: continuously delivered microservices, backed by containerization technology; IaaS deployments via VMware vRealize software.
- Container orchestration: Docker Swarm, Kubernetes (K3S, Rancher/RKE, Azure AKS platforms)
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Azure Platform
- IaaS Resource Management: good experience on VMware vRealize Automation/Orchestrator v7.x, actually working on vRA8.x
- Infrastructure as Code: Terraform, Packer for local (vSphere) and cloud-based deployments
- Configuration Management: Ansible, Saltstack
- UNIX-like Operating Systems: advanced administration of Linux (RedHat, SuSE, Ubuntu), Solaris, AIX
- Virtualization environments: VMware vSphere / Workstation, Hyper-V
- Relational databases: MySQL / MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Progress RDBMS
- Non-relational: Redis, MongoDB
- HTTP-related servers: Apache, HAProxy, NGINX, Squid
- Web application servers: Tomcat, Jboss
- Single sign-on applications: Keycloak
- Data platforms: Elasticsearch, ECK, Elastic Cloud
- Cooperative development: use of Git, Git Flow, Github, Bitbucket
- Windows Server: power user
- Zimbra 8 OSE and ZBackup's installation and configuration
- Management and evolution of BeyondTrust Secure Remote Access software tools
- Experience on Hortonworks Data Platform-based Big Data Systems (Hadoop), their integration with Microsoft PowerBI suites
- Using PureStorage Flashblade as a Hadoop data directory
- Storage Virtualization: Datacore SANSymphony-V
- Basics of Office 365 administration and Sharepoint Online customizations
SENIOR CONSULTANT – KUBERNETES, IAC, PUBLIC CLOUD ENGINEER (JANUARY 2020 – CURRENT)
Involved in evolution of complex microservices-based software solutions, backed by Kubernetes (Rancher) infrastructure. Management, upgrade and troubleshooting of Azure AKS clusters. Implementing IaaS infrastructure with interactions with external systems.
SENIOR CONSULTANT – SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR – AT BV-TECH SPA (JULY 2020 – DECEMBER 2020)
Developed VM deployment (with IPAM integration) and configuration management solutions, using Packer and Ansible.
Contributing to Kubernetes / vSphere integration for a BV-Tech’s customer.
Using Winlogbeat + Elasticsearch + Grafana to ease Windows events’ analytics.
Testing vSphere Replication as a migration tool between datacentres with limited connecting bandwidth.
SENIOR CONSULTANT – IAAS ARCHITECT – AT LEONARDO SPA (2016 – JULY 2020)
Provided effective contribution to the inclusion of the IaaS resource delivery infrastructure in the overall enterprise Disaster Recovery plan.
Managed and evolved Leonardo’s Secure Decoupled Access platform, in accordance to corporate’s needs based on the solution offered by BeyondTrust (formerly Bomgar).
Simplified interactions between Control and Monitoring Center operators and company’s Trouble Ticketing tools through custom workflow development.
Eased Top Management evaluation of Company’s performance indicators by building and maintaining the Big Data infrastructure (Hortonworks Hadoop) dedicated to centralizing Division’s information flows to be queried via Web Dashboards.
Brought experience about Linux and PostgreSQL administration during the design and implementation of the web Portal of Acquirente Unico dell’Energia.
Installed and managed infrastructure for secure decoupled access to Leonardo's customer systems as part of the SPC Cloud project, using the Bomgar Remote Access Platform.
Implemented, managed and evolved according to the needs of customers the interface infrastructure between BASI-Cloud and the Internet: access to external resources from the IaaS-provided VMs, and external publishing of their provided services. Introduced team members to collaborative development methodologies and tools, enabling better version management of application workflows.
SENIOR CONSULTANT – UNIX/SMTP ADMIN – AT FINMECCANICA GROUP (2003 – 2016)
Oversaw the integration of the legacy email systems of Finmeccanica Group’s companies during corporate mergers, by planning and implementing the necessary infrastructure for the inclusion of the new centralized systems while maintaining the pre-existing flows.
Contributed to the building, going live and subsequent maintenance of the Finmeccanica Institutional Sites, planned to centralize and unify the look and feel of the group's companies' websites.
Contributed to the realization, implementation and implementation of the National Logistics Platform (UIRNET) and its Disaster Recovery procedures.
Ensured the operational continuity of the Baggage Sorting System (EBS/HBS) for Malpensa Airport Terminal 1, while also managing the transition between the initial Sun Solaris-based infrastructure and the current one with VMware vSphere and Datacore SANSymphony-V.
Enabled significant savings in terms of operating costs through the commissioning of the first SAP systems on Linux for the Finmeccanica Corporate customer.
Allowed developers located on Elsag AST's remote sites to take advantage of a centralized, backed up and monitored environment to push their contributions to ongoing projects into, and from which to retrieve those of other colleagues.
CONSULTANT - DB ADMIN, LINUX ADMIN – AT COSTA CROCIERE SPA (2000 – 2003)
Ensured the operational continuity of the Company's booking system (TTG) backed by Progress RDBMS, maintaining and evolving its underlying hardware/software infrastructure.
Built automation to ensure the availability of daily reports to Top Management, based on data extracted from a copy (generated by overnight procedures) of the production database.
Built on-demand development and test environments, to be assigned to developers dedicated to customizing TTG software according to business needs.
DEGREE IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING – AWARDED BY UNIVERSITY OF GENOVA
Dissertation about: “Artificial Neural Network for digitalization of manual technical drawings”
CLASSICAL HIGH SCHOOL BACCALAUREAT – AWARDED BY CLASSICAL HIGH SCHOOL “G. PASCOLI”, ALBENGA
CERTIFICATIONS AND COURSES
- Course: VMware vSphere with Tanzu: Deploy and Manage [V7] - Techdata - 07/2022
- VMware Sales Professional - Management Automation 2016 (VSP-MA) - VMWare Inc. - 14/01/2020 (no expiration date)
- VMware Certified Professional 7 – Cloud Management and Automation (VCP7-CMA) - VMWare Inc. - 10/04/2017 (no expiration date)
- Course: VMWare vRealize Automation - Install, Configure, Manage [v7] - Fast Lane srl – 02/2017
- Course: VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5] - Fast Lane srl – 2012
- Course: VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5] – EMC Corporation – 2010
- Course: SunCluster3.1 Advanced Administration ES438 – NIS srl – 2004
- Course: SunCluster3.1 Basic Administration ES338 – NIS srl – 2004
- Course: Progress Fathom for Monitoring – Progress Italia srl – 2003
- Certification: Developing Applications with Progress AppServer – Progress Italia srl – 2000
- Certification: Character Programming in Progress 4GL – Progress Italia srl – 2000
- Certification: Progress DB Administration – Progress Italia srl – 2000
- Italian: mother tongue
- English: oral B1/B2, written C1
PERSONAL DATA HANDLING CONSENSUS
I authorize the processing of my personal data in the CV as per Legislative Decree 30 June 2003, n. 196 "Code regarding the protection of personal data" and the GDPR (Regulation EU 2016/679).